At CODE Credit Union, we are focused on continuing to serve our members. However, we are also focused on putting practices into place to protect our staff, our members, and limit the spread of this virus. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and taking guidance and recommendations from national, state and local health agencies.
CODE Credit Union lobbies have re-opened with reduced hours and limited capacity.
- CODE Credit Union temporary lobby hours:
- Monument Ave. (Dayton)
- Mad River Station
M-F 10:00 -4:00
- Drive through at Monument Ave. ( Dayton) and Englewood will be open regular business hours
- Night depository and ATMs are available at all three locations
PLEASE NOTE: The first hour of each day will be designated to serve vulnerable members (age 60+ or with health conditions).
Due to a reduced number of members allowed in each branch at a time, it may be necessary to make an appointment for new account and loan services. Call 937-222-8971 to make an appointment.
If you need to enter the lobby, here is what you will notice:
- CODE Credit Union employees will be wearing a face covering.
- Germ guards have been installed at the teller lines
- Hand sanitizer wall units have been installed
- Lobbies will be marked to encourage members to practice social distancing. Maintaining 6 feet apart continues to be the recommendation from national, state and local agencies.
- Each lobby has a maximum number of members allowed to be inside at a time. This will be posted at each location.
- We encourage members to wear a face covering.
- The NO hats, NO hoods, NO sunglasses policy remain in effect.
- Lobby furniture has been reconfigured to adhere to social distancing standards
- Public restrooms will be closed
- Public water and coffee stations will be closed
- Pens, counters, ATMs, night drops, desks, door handles are being sanitized in regular intervals
- Loan and new account services may require an appointment
- Appointments will take place in a designated place or curbside, when possible.
- CODE staff will be practicing safe social distancing and refraining from hand shaking, etc.
Please continue to utilize drive through, ATM and night depository access whenever possible. These are the safest ways to do your banking:
Drive through (regular hours) is available at Monument Ave and Englewood locations.
Night depository is available and checked at regular intervals at all three locations.
ATM access: CODE Credit Union provides surcharge free access at thousands of ATMs nationwide. Click on the link below to find an ATM near you.
Find a surcharge free ATM through Alliance One®
Utilize CODE’s 24/7 account access options (www.codecu.org) to check balances, transfer funds and deposit checks:
- Mobile Banking App including Mobile Deposit – if you have not used Mobile Deposit, get enrolled and ready to go so you can Snap, Tap and Deposit whenever you need to. Learn More
- Access 24/ online banking
- Online Bill Pay
- PAT (Personal Audio Teller) 937-222-4PAT
- Apply for a Loan or Credit Card online
- Apply for a Mortgage Online
If you are not enrolled in Access 24/online banking or Mobile Banking and you need assistance with the process, our Call Center is open and ready to serve you Monday-Friday from 8:30-5:30. Call us at 937-222-8971.
What we are doing to protect the health of staff and members:
We are working with our cleaning partners to be more diligent at disinfecting all traffic areas and maintaining a safe environment for staff and members.
Per the CDC’s recommendation, our staff is taking steps to practice good hygiene in our branches including:
- Disinfecting surfaces at regular intervals.
- Washing hands and/or using hand sanitizer after each interaction.
- Facilities are being deep cleaned by a professional cleaning service weekly
We are encouraging staff and members to stay home:
- If exhibiting the symptoms including fever above 100.4 F, excessive cough, prolonged headache and/or excessive nasal congestion.
- Until fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
- Infrared thermometers are being utilized to check employee temperature at the beginning of each day.
For information on ways to prepare your household:
- check out Household Preparedness Checklist from the Montgomery County Public Health.
Protect yourself from cybercrime:
Make sure you receive news and information about COVID-19 from official sources like the U.S. Center for Disease Control or the World Health Organization. Please be aware of cybercriminals using this time to create scams in an attempt to steal your personal information or infect your devices with harmful malware. For example, there has been a recent report of a fraudulent email that appeared to be from the CDC Health Alert Network claiming to provide a list of local cases. To access the list, recipients were instructed to click on a link in the email and then input personal information. As always, DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL FINANCIAL INFORMATION with anyone who contacts you requesting it.
While it is impossible for anyone to predict the spread of the coronavirus and fully understand its impact, our focus is on serving our membership. We have the people, technology, products and services in place to continue our vision of making members’ financial lives easier.
President and CEO
On behalf of the CODE Board of Directors